|CLICK HERE to Apply Online Now on the PEAK website|
The SMT Technician is responsible for the setting up, programming and/or operation of all aspects of the Printed Circuit Boards Assembly (PCBA) process to ensure that customer’ s specifications/requirements are met. They will set up, program and/or operate the Screen Printer, SMT Pick and Place Machines and Reflow Ovens to insure all quality aspects are met for every job or project.
- Review and inspect all incoming data from customers to insure data is sufficient for assembly of PCBs.
- Inspect all Stencils for form, fit and function as it relates to the PCBA job and the Screen Printer.
- Setup and program the Screen Printer for defect free printing.
- Program SMT Pick and Place Machines using customer supplied BOM and XY DATA.
- Coordinate with QC for FA Inspection to insure proper placement of parts.
- Perform reflow profiling of reflow oven as it pertains to each assembly build.
- Record and maintain all reflow profiles for current and future builds of all products.
- Using defect or nonconformance data, effectively communicate quality issues, via QMS procedures, to the PCB Assembly Manager or assembly house personnel as required, for immediate correction.
- Using customer Bill of Material and assembly notes, verify that assembly is built correctly, up to and including final inspection.
- Identifies and reports all processes and product non-conformances. Maintains all required logs and records.
- Communicate any discrepancies to the appropriate management representative in order to ensure that all products meet customer specifications.
- Perform in process inspection of printed circuit board assemblies; components verification, and solder-ability to insure quality built boards.
- Read and understand customer’ s drawings, specifications and requirements as they apply to inspecting printed circuit board assembly.
- Read, understand, and comply with ISO procedures and work instructions.
- Read and understand IPC specifications as related to manufacturing and inspecting printed circuit board assembly.
- Complete various forms and documentation as related to reporting inspection results.
- Communicate both verbally and written with coworkers and management regarding procedures, inspections, requirements and other elements of quality assurance.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma preferred.
- 3-5 years experience as an SMT Programmer or Technician in the printed circuit board industry.
- Previous knowledge of mechanical, thru-hole, surface mount, electronic component identification and performing reworks on printed circuits boards a must.
- Ability to read and interpret quality control specifications, IPC 610 certification, blue print drawings and engineering specifications.
- Ability to use quality related measuring equipment’ s.
- Ability to follow procedures and maintain quality of products at all time.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills and the ability to learn new skills and tasks as required.
- Strong time and document management and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to take on new challenges within demanding deadlines utilizing results-oriented performance style.
- Strong work ethic, eager to learn and willing to contribute to meet company’ s goal.
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.