|CLICK HERE to Apply Online Now on the PEAK website|
The SMT Operator II works effectively with general supervision, performing multiple tasks. They will be responsible for surface mount manufacturing, with both automated equipment and manually. Responsible for set-up, operation, and adjustment of SMT equipment. Monitors and maintains equipment to meet company standards. Ensure all boards manufactured meet or exceed companies quality workmanship standards.
They are expected to have a comprehensive understanding of manufacturing procedures and processes and demonstrate the ability to alternate between responsibilities. Good computer and communication skills are essential. Individual will interact daily with SMT Lead, peer groups and supervisor and participates in daily housecleaning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of SMT equipment and processes to include printing, placement, reflow and AOI.
- Able to read, understand and identify SMD components.
- Able to perform general preventive maintenance on SMT equipment.
- Troubleshoot SMT processes to determine root cause of defects and improve yields.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, pick lists, Bills of Materials and other engineering documents.
- Work with SMT Lead to identify and implement process improvements.
- Work within an ESD sensitive environment.
- Ability to read assembly drawings and/or work instructions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Educational Requirements and Required Skills:
- A High School Diploma or GED certificate is desired.
- Four to six years’ experience working with SMT equipment in a manufacturing environment or related area.
- Must be attentive to details and be quality driven.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be available for overtime.
- Strong communication skills.
- Reliable transportation.
- Proficient with Windows operating system and Office for Windows.