|CLICK HERE to Apply Online Now on the PEAK website|
This position reports to the Quality System Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs dimensional and visual inspections, in-process and finished product inspections, and acceptance testing per documented procedures; audits received materials/components and verifies material/processing certificates to purchase orders.
- Performs first-piece and set-up inspections and supports production with technical inspection help floor monitoring.
- Documents inspection results, creates First Article reports per AS9102 requirements, when necessary, and generates nonconforming reports.
- Maintains inspection and traceability records in company computer system.
- Other duties as assigned including work schedule adjustment, as needed.
- 3-5 years machine shop experience, including close-tolerance dimensional inspection work.
- Expertise in all inspection tools and equipment, including CMM, comparators, vision systems, surface plate, micrometers, attribute use and gauging, etc.
- Good understanding of machine parts blueprints and GD&T requirements.
- Knowledge of industry quality standards, including medical device component manufacturing.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; proficient with MS Office.
- Relevant training in manufacturing, quality and inspection principles, including problem solving/corrective action (8D, etc.), SPC, Gauge R & R, PPAP, Lean manufacturing, etc.
- Attention to detail, organization skills, problem solving and analysis.