CNC Lathe/Mill Machinist, 3rd shift|
|Location: not specified |
|Employment Category: Architecture and Engineering||
|CLICK HERE to Apply Online Now on the PEAK website|
Looking for motivated and experienced VTL Machinists.
Proficiency with the following is required:
Experienced VTL (vertical turret) lathes
Years of experience:
Must have approximately five years (5) of experience in this role.
Following specific and general instructions, tool designs, drawings, standard practices and recognized methods, utilizes expertise in laying out metal and nonmetal stock, setting up and operating machine tools. Perform milling, drilling, turning, grinding, material removal operations utilizing chemical, CNC or manual machinery. May work with engineering to resolve problems and develop new processes and/or procedures.
- Lays out metal and nonmetal stock, sets up and operate chemical, manual and/or CNC multi-axis machining centers and tools performing functions such as milling, drilling, grinding or turning operations.
- Works directly with engineering to assist in the development of machine and or tank set-up programming to include proofing of programs.
- Identifies and evaluates patterns. Prior to removal of material determines method to remove material to meet customer specification.
- Loads and unloads etch fixture operating forklift.
- Checks all work to assure that quality standards are maintained and has adhered to all specifications and procedures involving company and customer practices. Able to pass OAP exam.
- Record all operating parameters accurately and legibly in parts manufacturing notebook, routing sheets, resident paper or department documentation or terminals, to ensure recording completion of work-in-process, inventories, schedules, labor expenditures, etc.
- Maintain a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company` s overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve “ cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
- Ensure the company` s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully comply with the " Company Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government. Ensure subordinate staff is aware of the policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for complying with it.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance of equipment in adherence with a predefined schedule.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
High School diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience. One to two years of technical school or college training in machine tool technology is highly desired.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of three years direct and related experience with machine tool technology, and or chemical machining technology, or successful completion of the Company mentorship program for this field is required. Experience and expertise with precision measuring equipment, gages and machinist hand tools to assure quality standards are maintained. Experienced with machining of various metallic and composite materials. Ability to read blueprints and meet inspection requirements in accordance with customer specifications. Uses intermediate shop mathematics including algebra and geometry to determine and check angles, radii, hole locations, accessibility, missing dimensions, interrelated dimensions, etc. Demonstrates knowledge of tooling cutters, speeds and feed rates and or chemical etch rates as well as tooling techniques and philosophies. Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting of safety, quality and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions. Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements. The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required.
Mental and Physical Demands
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English instructions
- Intermediate Math skills
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Good vision with correction
- Withstand loud noise of a machine shop environment
- Wears appropriate PPE as required